Type de contrat : Contrat national à temps plein de 2 ans
Renouvelable ou extensible selon les besoins, la performance et le budget
Date de démarrage : 15 janvier 2021
Localisation : Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire)
Courriel pour candidature : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date de clôture : 29 novembre 2020
Facilitateur/ trice de partenariats
2SCALE, Côte d’Ivoire
Les femmes sont fortement encouragées à soumissionner
NB : L’annonce suivante est volontairement rédigée en anglais, dont les candidat(e)s doivent impérativement maitriser la lecture.
The 2SCALE program 2019-23 builds on achievements and lessons learnt from a first phase (2012-18, www.2scale.org). It aims to be a flagship program for the Netherlands’ food security policy and one of the leading catalysts of inclusive agribusiness in sub-Saharan Africa.
2SCALE is designed to incubate and accelerate inclusive agribusiness development in target countries in Africa (Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria). Public-private partnerships (PPPs) are the core implementation modality to achieve the objectives of the program. 2SCALE’s strategy is three-pronged:
- Incubating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE works together with private enterprises to develop agribusiness models that promote inclusiveness, develop (new) competitive edge, and have potential for scaling. PPPs support value chain development and agribusiness cluster formation. The agribusiness cluster approach helps smallholder farmers develop farming as a business and supply agricultural products for local, national, regional and international markets. 2SCALE partners with African and multinational agri-food companies as drivers to increase productivity and to improve efficiency and sustainability of supported agribusiness clusters and value chains. Specific attention is given to youth and women to integrate value chains (as farmers, laborers, entrepreneurs, service providers), and to low income / “base of the pyramid” (BoP) consumers that represent the largest market for food products in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Replicating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE supports the replication of most successful business models, in different settings (regions, industries), with the same or different private partners.
- Facilitating sector transformation and policy alignment: 2SCALE also supports partnering enterprises to drive sector transformation and policy alignment for critical bottlenecks that cannot be solved by the actors within the focus PPPs, and which affects a number of actors in the sector simultaneously.
2SCALE is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and implemented by a consortium led by the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) and comprising the Base-of-the-Pyramid Innovation Center (BoPInc) and the Netherlands Development Organization (SNV). The Partnerships Resource Center (PrC) supports the consortium as a knowledge partner.
The Partnership Facilitator is responsible for the design and implementation of all activities related to the PPPs under her/ his responsibility. She/ he facilitates, in close collaboration with the private partners and other relevant stakeholders, all the interventions by 2SCALE at the levels of partnership, grassroots (i.e. agribusiness cluster), value chain and industry. She/ he also coordinates the support from business support services, consultants, and cross-cutting 2SCALE specialists to the PPPs under her/ his responsibility.
- Collect and analyze market and industry information related to anticipated and existing PPPs under her/ his responsibility.
- Design, formalize, implement, monitor and document PPPs with private business champions (companies or cooperatives) and other relevant private/ public partners:
- Develop partnership agreements with clear theories of change, and well as related action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Coordinate field interventions that fall under 2SCALE’s responsibility, in line with set targets, and in close collaboration with supporting 2SCALE cross-cutting specialists. These activities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Mobilization of actors around target agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Profiling/ assessments of agribusiness cluster and value chain actors.
- Business connections of grassroots actors.
- Coordination of activities of connected local actors within agribusiness clusters, based on competitive strategies.
- Capacity building (technical, organizational) and empowerment programs.
- Promotion of innovations within agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Capacity and trust building activities to improve efficiency and reduce transaction costs within value chains.
- Linkage of value chain actors to financial and other support services.
- Monitor and document the progress of the PPPs in line with:
- PPP key performance indicators and markers for change.
- PPP action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Facilitate the development of PPP strategies that are gender-transformative, foster youth inclusion, and are environmentally sustainable:
- Use a gender lens in every action, analyze gender-related constraints and ensure that proposed strategies are gender-sensitive and address key constraints faced by female stakeholders in each PPP.
- Analyze youth-related constraints (for both young women and young men) and ensure that proposed strategies improve youth employment and youth integration in PPPs and their value chains.
- Lead the inclusion of environmental considerations in all PPPs, and in every pilot of a new technology/ practice, and design – if needed – capacity building activities to mitigate environmental risks.
- Ensure that business champions and other relevant private partners understand and adhere to commonly agreed standards of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Design – upon request – capacity building activities to deepen the design/ implementation/ monitoring of CSR policies.
- Prepare service agreements for business support services, in collaboration with the 2SCALE Contract Manager. Monitor these agreements, particularly through frequent field visits to cluster actors.
- Organize frequent governance meetings with the lead partner(s) and other parties in the PPPs. Ensure that governance mechanisms implemented in the partnership are inclusive. Lead the validation, sharing and filing of the minutes of every governance meeting.
- Collaborate with the Communication Specialists to develop outreach materials in a frequent manner, and ensure the visibility of the PPPs and their development (achievements, challenges, lessons learnt).
- Write and submit timely activity reports, as well as other technical reports, notes and partnership profiles.
- Participate pro-actively in the industry team, composed of all Partnership Facilitators with PPPs in the same industry. Respond to and seek advice from the 2SCALE management to improve industry knowledge, forward-looking strategizing within the industry, and priority-setting within existing and new PPPs.
- Represent the program at relevant national/ local events.
The Partnership Facilitator may implement other tasks that the 2SCALE management deems necessary for the success of the program.
Supervision and team collaboration
The Partnership Facilitator is supervised by and reports to the 2SCALE Country Team Leader.
She/ he works in close collaboration with 2SCALE colleagues from other consortium members, based both in Côte d’Ivoire and in other program countries.
Position and duty station
The Partnership Facilitator is a national position with a duty station at 2SCALE’s office in Abidjan.
The position requires field travels (up to 50% of the time) in target regions in Côte d’Ivoire, and exceptionally in other 2SCALE countries.
IFDC will propose a first contract of 2 years, with a probation period. Based on the incumbent’s performance, program needs and availability of funds, the contract could then be extended or renewed.
- Minimum Bachelor degree with 10 years of professional experience, or Master degree with 8 years of professional experience in areas related to the job description.
- Business-oriented; a professional experience in the private sector is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the vegetables, poultry and/or rice subsectors in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Strong ability to deliver concrete results in time and to take initiatives under minimal supervision.
- Proven facilitation skills, at ease with a range of actors with different backgrounds and interests (businesses, local authorities, public services, private business support services, experts, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills in French, and work proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to visit the website www.2scale.org to find out more information about the 2SCALE program.
Kindly send your applications (letter + CV) in French or English as attached files via email to email@example.com, indicating clearly the position in the email subject.
Note: Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. They will be invited for interviews and oral and written tests, both in French and English.
IFDC is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Adresse IFDC Côte d’Ivoire • Stone House • Rue L255, Voie de la 7ème Tranche • Cocody Deux Plateaux • Abidjan • Côte d’Ivoire 01 BP 2750 Abidjan 01 • phone +225 22 45 06 40 •
- External File 201029_VA_Partnership_Facilitator_CI.pdf
- Total d'offre(s) 0 Offres
- Slogan Augmenter la sécurité alimentaire et la durabilité de l'agriculture
- Adresse Abidjan