Description du poste
We are looking for a Data Analyst (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With over 50 years of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About the Project
Prosper Cashew is a five-year, $26 million project funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture under the Food for Progress Program that aims to catalyze investment for the West African cashew processing sector. Over the next five years, the project will strengthen and revive existing cashew processing facilities across Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria and support the development of new processing facilities and other value chain enterprises as part of the project’s overall goal to increase the share of raw cashew nut that is processed in the region from about 8% to 50%. Over five years, Prosper Cashew will improve the capacity of 60 processing units who source cashews from approximately 34,000 farmers, facilitate $497 million of investment in the cashew sector, and generate $1.5 billion in cashew kernel sales. The project expects to create more than 26,000 new jobs (at least 50% for women) and indirectly benefit more than 133,000 women, men, and children in West Africa.
A key component of the project will be to strengthen and increase commercially viable cashew enterprises through technical support. The project will build processor capacity in business management, financial management, investment facilitation, HR and workforce management, marketing, and supply chain development. It will also identify and address specific constraints related to particular sections of cashew processing (raw cashew nut drying, warehousing, calibration, steam cooking, shelling, oven drying, peeling, grading, fumigation, packing, and storage) and provide support to processors to install food safety management systems, support the introduction of traceability, and support the introduction of environmental practices and effective waste management.
Primary Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Technical Support Lead, the Data Analyst will be responsible for collating, interpreting, and analyzing data from several processing units and helping in turning it into an action plan that offer ways to improve productivity, quality and maintenance efficiency, and profitability of participating processor businesses. The data analyst gathers information from various sources and interprets patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst reports back in the agreed format what has been found to relevant colleagues for further analysis and decision making.
Profil du poste
Duties & Responsibilities
• Proactively seek out data from colleagues and manage data compilation and analysis
• Follow up with field staff to verify data received on a routine basis
• Arrange, file and store hard copies of all data in an orderly manner
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all data entered by doing routine checks on datasets
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics (production, quality and engineering), reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key decisions for the technical support team
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Contribute to assessment of the quality and effectiveness of technical training packages
• Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Explore and analyze any and all available data to influence future projects activities and support services to processors
• Partner with other project staff in capital investment and business support teams to help build out our data platforms and infrastructure.
• Be a resource and advocate for data within the organization by teaching and empowering others to use data
• Support in the production of project narrative reports
• Degree in Finance or related field is required
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing data for reputable organizations
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a cashew processing factory
• Experience in large cashew processing unit (10,000-15,000 MT capacity)
• Proficiency in spoken and written both French and English is required
• Knowledge of local languages is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, Data analysis & PowerPoint are required
• Ability at preparing different reports
• Willingness to spend up to 40% of time travelling domestically in Côte d’Ivoire
Dossiers de candidature
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to submit their application online by clicking on the following link:
Deadline for submission: Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 18:00 GMT.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply. Deadline for application is 15th July 2021 by 18:00HRS
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at email@example.com or call +1 202 785 4515.